Friday, September 23, 2011

On My Way to My Dreams


I’m sitting on a plane right now bound for my dream. Destination Africa. After a packed but very quick puddle hop across the Atlantic, I find myself on an unpopulated airplane from Brussels to Kigali. The plane is half full mostly occupied by African businessmen and earthy NGO-looking types. I stick out standing in the plane isle with a plastic bag holding about 5 pairs of shoes and some books that would have cost me an extra $200 in overweight baggage. I have a back corner window seat with an empty seat next to me. Currently I am staring out towards the mountains of somewhere in southern Europe… maybe northern Italy. The high peaks give way to the vivid blue of the Mediterranean Sea. There is no more beautiful water than the Mediterranean. Lupe is in my ears inspiring me to write about the liberated feeling that has overcome me in the past couple weeks. I have the most amazing life. I was blessed with the most beautiful family in the world. Even though the five of us are spread out in four different countries on three different continents, I feel closer than ever to them. The past months have taken me for an emotional roller coaster. Starting from the exciting weddings, to the knowledge gained at Wootten Camps, to the hectic and sad days of packing and saying bye to my parents and brother, to the tedious days of life guarding and packing myself, and finally the past two weeks I was able to spend the best 15 days of the last four years with the most gorgeous girl in the world. What a ride! Now it comes to a conclusion with me beginning the most important and exciting stage of the journey of life: real life.
            I have been asked what I will be doing and what my expectations are. I just give everyone the very small bit of information that I actually know about who I will be working for, and say that my only expectations are to teach the game I love, to have the time of my life, and to find myself. That is what real life is: you have to do what you love, always be happy, and always search and learn to improve yourself. I live the most incredible life!

Food For Thought:
“The successful capitalist is successful because he has no love in his heart… he has only the love of success. He devotes himself to work work work instead of to a woman he loved with all his soul. He attempts to fill the hollow in his heart with the accumulation of wealth and what it buys, whether things or power or both; but wealth, things and power fill it only for the moment, as water does the belly of a hungry man. The heart is empty once again and its cravings drive him to acquire more, yet he is never gratified… He soon learned that for the successful capitalist, there is no such thing as enough.”- Fitzhugh Martin

- I will always strive for better but I will also be grateful and satisfied with joy and happiness. I will always have clear vision towards the future and I will live with unconditional love in my heart. If I do this I cannot lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment