Friday, November 18, 2011

The language of basketball

Can you interpret the passion screaming out of my eyes?
Can you interpret my love, Do you speak heart?
Can you interpret the drops of sweat hitting the hardwood as they ring out the with the melodies of hard work?

I teach wisdom not through proverb, but the choices I make with the ball in my hands.
I express my faith not through scripture, but through my focus on the system.
I give dedication not through oath, but through my time I give to preparation.

Understanding poise comes through confidence not definition
Understanding sportsmanship comes through respect not friendly banter
Understanding success comes through self-satisfaction not fame

The definition is yours
The definition is creativity, passion, wisdom, and poise
The definition is attempted by many, but mastered by few

Do you speak the language of basketball?
Watch me play and I’ll translate for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment