Monday, November 7, 2011

Birthday Post


So today is my birthday, or my born day as my momma would say, its really her birthday because she gave birth to me. I am now 23 years old, even though I feel older. I tell everyone here in Congo that I am 27 to make myself feel better. I have probably had the most exciting and awesome 23 years of life anyone has ever lived. I was born into the best family ever. I could not wish for better parents and cooler siblings. I have great friends that I can always count on no matter what, and I can find these friends in countries all over the world. Finally, I am blessed because I am able to do what I love as a job. I wake up everyday to a job that excites me, challenges me, and rewards me through the satisfaction of knowing I am doing something important.
            Being alone (as in away from family and friends) on my birthday gives me the opportunity to really reflect on what has been important to me over the past 23 years. I have thought about my FOCUS group, the Ju$t Cuz Thugz, high school sports, my “Olivet experience”, and now currently my African Coaching adventures. I wish I could put into words what all the people in my life that I love have taught me and given me, but that would take forever. Id just like to write to everyone reading this that in some great and magnificent way you have touched my life. Even if you feel like you hardly know me, you know me, and you mean something to me. That makes all the difference in the world! I love you guys!

2 comments:

  1. I miss you Matt, I love you and I hope you have an amazing '27th' birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What would I do if I didn't have you to wake up to each day. Who'd take my troubles and put them in bubbles and make them burst away? I love you forever

    ReplyDelete