Thursday, January 12, 2012

Belated New Year's Post


The year 2011 was the best one yet
Even though I thought 2010 was as good as it gets
So now I look back on a wonderful year
To see where Im going, where Im at, and how I got here
January is a month to reminisce
About the year before and the things you will miss
But its also a month to look forward and see
What you want to become and who you want to be
Last year began in the land of Turkey
Hittin up the sights with me and my family
Then back to the kank to teach little kids
Atleast I had basketball to overcome it
I started out soaring with the Eagles at Trinity
I look up to those guys as much as they do me
Then I became a Soldier by way of Example in K3
And it felt like every weekend there was another wedding
Seven newlyweds all in one summer, we lost some good men
But I must say the best of all was KK and Ben
So now the Kearney’s can add one more
Then I hit up Wootten’s in the state with Baltimore
Only to finish the summer with a wedding encore.
And now Im in the DRC fulfilling my dream
Thanks to everyone who has supported our PJB team.

During these 365 I was glad to be alive
For I got to witness the Arab spring arise
Power to the people seems to now be reality
But freedom had to come through the darkest side of humanity
We had to occupy to fight to have our voice heard
Anarchy and revolution were the only ways to put in a word
But the words that ring out are those of the one’s we lost
Too many had to die, freedom comes at much to high a cost
Who could forget about the hurricane scare in NYC
Or the tragic devistation of the Japanese tsunami
We pray for those who suffered from the disaster in Japan
And we don’t forget those in New Zealand and Van
But the sadness is too great to list in a poem
The list of problems goes on and on and on
But 2011 showed us that we can overcome
For through all the struggle of the year the human spirit remains strong

So for this upcoming year I plan many things
And I cant even imagine what the year brings
But I know that everyday I can strive to do my best
This way 2012 will win when compared to all the rest
So if I have two cents for your new year
I suggest you never take for granted what to you is really dear
Don’t miss a moment because they go way to fast
Remember to only be looking forward but also learn from your past

“No days off, make memories, and love with all your heart”





No comments:

Post a Comment